Certification in Managed Care
Nursing Home Study Program
Available From the
American Association of Managed Care Nurses
Comprehensive Introduction to Managed Care Nursing"
|Overview of Managed Care
|Negotiation Skills for Medical Professionals
||CQI, QM, Outcomes
|Managed Care Products
||Introduction to Medical Informatics
||Accreditation and Provider Profiling
Confidence In Managed Care
|Legal and Risk Management Issues
This course includes the textbook "A Nurse's Introduction to Managed Care", a
study guide, and your choice of audio cassettes or CD's from which you should be
- Discuss the history of healthcare as it relates to the development of the
managed care industry.
- Identify and describe the five major components of managed care.
- Discuss the types of roles nurses play in managed care organizations.
- Differentiate between principles, values, and ethics.
- Explain the different types of coverage, identify the products within each
type of coverage, and the benefits of each.
- Compare and contrast different models of managed care.
- Define basic terms of managed care reimbursement.
- Recognize the relationship between different types of provider
- Review the steps to successful negotiation & distinguish concepts unique
to negotiation in a managed care environment.
- Describe the legal fundamentals, contractual and risk management issues
and their effects on managed healthcare.
- Identify the current accreditation bodies and discuss the implications
accreditation and provider profiling have on managed care.
- Identify the critical factors that impact patient benefits.
- Examine the impact of informatics on managed care and the healthcare
industry now and in the future.
- Recall the fundamentals of utilization & quality management and recognize
their impact on cost-effective, quality care.
- Relate the fundamentals of continuous quality improvement programs to the
health & service of plan members.
- Report on the challenges nursing has overcome, changes seen in the
healthcare delivery system & what can be expected for the future of nursing.
This EDII is approved for 15.0 contact hours by the Virginia Nurses Association which is
accredited as an approver of Continuing Education in Nursing by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
Three Easy Ways To Order:
|Submit This Form:
||Mail Order Form To:
||Fax Order Form To:
|Just Click "Submit" from above,
after filling in all appropriate blanks
4435 Waterfront Drive, Suite 101
Glen Allen, VA 23060
Please call AAMCN at (804)747-9698 if you have any questions